Jeremy's Reviews > Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects

2015330
Sep 29, 11

Recommended for: Fans of the Warcraft Universe
Read from July 15 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I go into this review with an admission... Thrall is not my favorite Warcraft Universe character. A book centered around him did not strike me as an interesting read, and my first notion was to skip it. But when I learned that in addition to being Thrall-centric it also covered important elements concerning the Dragon Aspects, as well as the ongoing struggles with the Twilight's Hammer, I felt compelled to take it up and give it a thorough read-through.

The result: perhaps an understandably mixed bag. Golden is in her element painting the subtleties of interactions between characters, and I found her handling of Thrall and Aggra's relationship to be quite good, something I've definitely not felt from other sources. Her depictions of dragons, and the Dragon Aspects themselves, was also very interesting... and it's always cool to see Nozdormu depicted, as he gets so very little presence otherwise.

But all of this overshadowed by my personal dislike of Thrall himself... which made it difficult for me to completely enjoy the book. Take my review with a grain of salt, especially if Thrall is one of your favorites in the Warcraft Universe. I found this book to be an interesting one, definitely required reading for the Warcraft loremaster at heart.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thrall.