Dee's Reviews > The Peach Keeper

Mar 29, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, read-2011, romance, magic
Read from March 27 to April 05, 2011

There is just something about Sarah Addison Allen's writing that makes you fall in love with reading all over again. In the Peach Keeper, her fourth book, Allen takes us back to North Carolina and to the town of Walls of Water. Paxton Osgood has been working to restore the Blue Bridge Madam, a local inn, to its former glory. Willa Jackson is, while not an outcast, one of the unique characters that show up in small Southern towns. While they grew up together and attended school together, they never truely ran in the same circles until they were grown. Now the two of them develop a friendship that will with stand the test of time.

The cast of supporting characters, Sebastian, the local dentist and once outcast; Colin, Paxton's twin brother; Rachel, the coffee-ologist (I don't think this is really a word, but hey it works) and their grandmothers, Agatha and Georgie make for a delightful read.

one of my favorite quotes from the book: all we have is our deep and abiding love for each other. We can't lose that or we lose ourselves. If we don't help each other, who will?

i can't wait to see what Allen writes next, as she rapidly moves onto my auto-buy list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Peach Keeper.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Debbie Great review Dee, I completely agree - she became an auto-buy for me very quickly too.

message 3: by Dee (last edited Apr 06, 2011 06:15PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee have you read this one yet??

duh, of course you have ;) lol! I loved it and the cameo of the caterer from Garden Spells (IIRC)

Debbie I did, I love SAA use of subtle, almost supernatural stuff to help the story.
I think Garden Spells and The Girl Who Chased the Moon are still my favs though.

Renee Krapp I really enjoyed how the past and present came together in this book. Willa learns more about her past from a girl she wasn't friends with in high school but at the end you are left with a feeling that they will now be best friends like their Grandmothers are.