Mrs. Badass's Reviews > Trace of Fever

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

May 16, 2011

bookshelves: action-adventure, kindle, may-2011, military-ops, netgalley, not-released-yet, romantic-suspense
Read from March 29 to 30, 2011

We first meet Trace in When You Dare after his sister is rescued from Sex traffickers by Dare. Driven by his need to rid the world of these vile scumbags who sell women to the highest bidder, he goes undercover and infiltrates a sex trade organization.

He proves himself invaluable and capable to the boss Murray, and finds himself in a right hand man position.

Our heroine Priscilla was a conundrum for me. On one hand she portrayed the fierce ass kicker; and on the other hand, she played the virginal, sheltered, but mouthy woman. I felt like she was a schizo.

While I loved Trace, I didn’t love Priss. There were multiple instances of the classic “too stupid to live” that just annoy me in books. Where the heroine defies common sense and charges into the fray and will most likely end up dead if she isn’t saved by someone else :insert eye roll here:

The plot was OK, it wasn’t a suspense plot, more of a “will they kill him or not” plot. There were a few twists coming you don’t see until the end, and that was interesting.

I enjoyed seeing Dare and Molly, Chris and Matt, the dogs and Alani and Jackson.

I don’t want to go into much more, the writing is solid, I enjoy the way Lori Foster tells a story.

I also like the way she did Trace and Priss’s romance/love. It didn’t feel rushed, even though it was only a few days they were together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trace of Fever.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Regina A good series? I am excited to read these.