Pia Veleno's Reviews > Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue by Annemarie Hartnett

Jun 28, 11

Read from June 25 to 28, 2011

I love Georgie and her character flaws. We meet her drunk off her ass and sucking the face off of her "friends with benefits" Anthony outside a club where she's supposed to be celebrating a different friend's upcoming nuptials. From there, Anthony’s “getting serious” male lover, Etienne, arrives and things get awkward. Mind you, this is Georgie’s point of view, so it’s awkward for her, but we get glimpses of Anthony and Etienne to know it might be only in her head.

This is a great menage story line that only feels lopsided when the author wants the relationship to feel lopsided. (In other words, most menage that I've read, there often seems to be a third wheel, no matter what the characters actually say or do, but Hartnett created character dynamics that worked wonderfully when they worked and shattered beautifully as the characters pushed and pulled at the budding relationship.)

While this isn't my usual story (yes, two men are in a relationship, but the POV is Georgie's, so the sexuality is mostly female) I truly enjoyed it.

(PS loved the ending. Not a pure HEA, but a lovely resolution that fit all three characters.)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of the Blue.

06/25/2011