Tara Calaby's Reviews > A Term in Year Seven

A Term in Year Seven by Anna Pershall

Apr 04, 11

bookshelves: junior-fiction, friendships, school
Read from March 29 to 31, 2011, read count: 1

Apparently this was a sequel, but I didn't realise until I got to the end of the book, so obviously it stands alone without any difficulty! Well enough done, but it really is just the same old story of a girl trying to make it into the cool crowd, then realising they're not as cool as they seem. Without anything to make it stand out in terms of plot or characterisation, it needed something in terms of writing style or quality to boost it over a two-star effort, and it didn't quite make it. Two and a half stars if that were possible on Goodreads ;)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Term in Year Seven.

message 1: by Sally (new)

Sally They need to make it possible to give half stars, I swear ;)

Tara Calaby Seriously. There are SO MANY books that I need to be able to give 2.5 or 3.5 stars to.

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally Same! My 3 star rating is SO uneven because a lot are 2.5 star books bumped up a bit, and then the other half are 3.5 star books bumped down! Half the time when I review a shelf I end up changing a lot of ratings too because time makes me forget that invisible half star. "That was better than a three, wasn't it?" *up* "Three? Seriously?!" *down*