Natalie's Reviews > Lost in Shangri-la: A True Story of Survival, Adventure, and the Most Incredible Rescue Mission of World War II

Lost in Shangri-la by Mitchell Zuckoff

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: war, survival, history, australia-oceania
Read in December, 2011, read count: 1

Great. Really great.

Photos of the survivors and their rescuers can be seen on the Mitchell Zuckoff, the author's website.

The audio book narrated by the author is a terrific effort and very well done. Highly recommended.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost in Shangri-la.

12/03/2011 "Wow, what a story! Margaret Hastings' life and particular crash situation were truly one of a kind!"
12/16/2011
75.0% "Hastings continues to amaze with her wit (mostly brought back to life from her diary entries). Decker's perseverance and McCollom's way of shouldering his duties are inspirational."
12/20/2011
75.0% "Wow, still totally appreciating that Zuckoff narrates the audio version himself. What a great story, well told!"

message 1: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Murray Another friend of mine recently read this and really enjoyed it! I'll be interested to hear your review.

Natalie I'm listening to the audio book and really enjoying it. Makes me not want to leave the car when I get to my destinations!

message 3: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Murray Hmmm.... Sounds good!

Natalie this book opened the floodgates for me! Twice while listening to this in the car I've had to pull off the road!

message 5: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Murray I think I will request the audiobook from the library!