Enrique's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Apr 10, 11

Read in March, 2005

Try to imagine a fifth grader looking through a library. Now imagine that fifth grader finds a copy of Angles&Demons. Yeah that was the day I respespected Dan Brown.The book introduced Robert Langon, a Harvard "Symbologist" who is called to CERN to investigate a murder and subsequently goes on a race through the Vaticant to stop someone believed to be working for the "Illunminati" who plan on destructing an antimatter bomb. This was just too interesting to put back on the shelf so I checked it out of that small library.

The plot of the story was okay. But I felt Brown was overly ambitious in introducing the locations and certain characters. Also some of the smaller chapters reminded me of those cliffhangers you see on Prime time television which frankly I found unnecessary. And there could have been more done with the Illuminati in having fanatical members terrorizing the church.

I do like how the mystery is placed as the conflict between Science and Religeon is shown through famous names and familiar events which make your jaw drop. Langdon was my favorite character in this one as he was one of those professors that genuinely know and love their history. His talks on certain societies and events were somewhat dull as he seems to try and take a neutral role which reminded me of your school history teacher (Might I remind you I always get the boring ones). But Langdon gives you good insight on things you have learned and possibly overlooked in studying.

I think this is a good novel to read when you want to get your mind thinking. The characters are kind of diverse and if you like stories which go on a race, then this book is for you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.