Paul's Reviews > The Fall of Hyperion

The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons

M 50x66
Mar 28, 2011

In short, if you were interested in continuing on with this series but was unsure of the quality of the next book; do not worry. This is no weak sequel, and I would highly recommend it.[return][return]One thing that I like is the conclusiveness of each book, at least so far with the first two. While the first ended as the Pilgrimage was heading off to the nearby Time Tombs and Shrike, I felt satisfied with the book as it were. I felt that it could stand by itself for merely the content of the characters story; and as the first book provided the background, the second contains some heavy progression in it's ~500 page plot. Mind you, if you felt the first book left you on a cliff hanger, do not worry about this book. It most definitely concludes, but yet still leaves room for story progression from the two remaining novels.[return][return]The reason why I docked half a star however, which may be unjustified, was that this book didn't call out to me as did the first. Furthermore, your typical fictional setting plot holes appear, especially with the presence of time travel. Nothing major that will ruin the whole book, but it certainly bugs nitpickers like me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fall of Hyperion.