Alan's Reviews > Stork

Stork by Wendy Delsol

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, young-adult

First of all let me say that I like the character Katla. Ok, the plot starts out with a fairly common theme, a girl (Katla) with newly divorced parents, in a new town, new high school, no friends. Followed by Katla somehow getting on the wrong side of the two most popular kids in the new school. It's a good start and as we get to know more about her and as she starts to make friends, and as a possible love interest enters the scene, all continues to go well.
Having started with that, let me say that I'm a Fantasy lover and Urban Fantasy lover, and a young adult book lover. Young adult books for the most part are fairly short so there's not a lot of time to develop both the characters and any new fantasy idea's. It's much easier to take an old concept, vampires, zombies, trolls, fairies, whatever... and tweak these if the author wants to put their own spin on it, then it is to develop a new concept, or go into overdrive and try to introduce more than one in a relatively short book. That's where this book lost me. I really like the concept of the Storks, but would have rather seen that concept developed more with out the addition of the Winter People and the idea of portals to Valhalla, and frankly would have rather seen more than one book with even the Ravens not introduced until the second.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stork.