Linda Stock's Reviews > In the Still of the Night: The Strange Death of Ronda Reynolds and Her Mother's Unceasing Quest for the Truth

In the Still of the Night by Ann Rule

F 50x66
Mar 28, 11

Read in March, 2011

This was probably my least favorite of all the Ann Rule books I've read. She chose to write about a murder that still has not been solved. I felt frustrated and upset when I finished it, since basically I feel I know who killed Ronda Reynolds - I think anyone who reads it will know who killed Ronda Reynolds - but it still hasn't been proven. This murder happened in an "old boy network" type of community, in which incompetence of a coroner was covered up year, after year, after year - and when the book was finished, finally it seems to have been acknowledged that the coroner did mess up, badly - but that's where it ended...... I find myself wanting to contact the DA in that community and demand - yes DEMAND, justice for Ronda. I guess I just wish Ann Rule had waited to write about this case until it was really resolved.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Still of the Night.

Jenn Vito I totally agree. I was so disappointed when I got to the end and there was no killer that had been caught. I felt like it was a wild goose chase that ended poorly.

Shawna Well, we know who Ann Rule believes killed Ronda Reynolds, that much is clear.