Jayme's Reviews > Blessed Unrest: How The Largest Movement In The World Came Into Being And Why No One Saw It Coming

Blessed Unrest by Paul Hawken

Mar 28, 2011

Read in March, 2011

I picked up this audiobook because I was looking for some hope. The news has been bringing me down with budget cuts and global disasters. I wanted to be inspired by the many people out there who are trying to make a difference - whether they succeed or not. This book, however, does not quite deliver what the title claims. It was not until disc 6 (out of 7) that the author actually mentions the different groups out there working for environmental and social justice. The first 5 discs are filled with depressing examples of how corporate greed and political corruption are destroying cultures and natural resources.
I found this information both fascinating and terrifying, so I totally don't regret getting this book. However, I would have liked a little more focus on the "movement" and even a little bit about what each of us can do to make a difference, instead of feeling enraged at the injustices in the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blessed Unrest.