Ann's Reviews > The Night Bookmobile

The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger

Mar 28, 2011

liked it

This is a very, very short graphic novel which seems to be made to look like a young child's picture book. It is clear, however, that this is definitely a book for adults, as it touches on some very complicated, dark themes.

How could I not love a book about a mysterious book mobile that appears at random in the night, and whose only collection consists of every book a person has ever read?

I defintely did love it, but even so, it left me feeling a bit...disturbed and off-kilter. It may be because I felt like a 5-yr-old sitting with a picture book open on my lap, while at the same time, the book becomes very dark and a bit morbid.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Bookmobile.

Leah I really liked this book too. I was also left feeling a little disturbed, but I attributed that to the artwork more than anything else. I applaud Niffenegger for using her artistic talents to illustrate her own story, but I think I just don't care for her style so much. I might have liked it a lot more if a different artist had illustrated.