Kristi's Reviews > Fadeaway Girl

Fadeaway Girl by Martha Grimes

May 21, 11

Read from March 28 to May 21, 2011

This is the fourth book in the Emma series. I would not start with this one. I did, and was completely lost. I stopped partway through and read the first book, "Hotel Paradise," and the third book, "Belle Ruin." (The second book, "Cold Flat Junction," was checked out so I didn't read them in order.) the first book will give you insight to the characters the third book is the start of the mystery - what happened to the baby who was kidnapped from the Belle Rueon Hotel 20 years ago? These four books take place within three weeks and the stories are very interwoven.
While this book does give resolution to the kidnapped baby story, it does have some open mysteries lingering at the end. I would think that Martha Grimes has a fifth outing planned for Emma, but we shall have to wait and see.
All the Emma stories covers are from a piece of art. I loved the cover of Fadeaway Girl. It is a Fadeaway Girl painting by Coles Phillips, which Emma talks about in the book. This particular painting is from a cover of Life magazine, "In a Position to Know." Very fitting for the cover of the book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fadeaway Girl.

03/30/2011 page 77
03/30/2011 page 87
26.0% "Putting this one on hold for a bit. It's the third in the series, and I feel a little lost without having read the first two. The mystery she is working on started in a previous book."
show 1 hidden update…