Ginny's Reviews > The Space Between

The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff

Mar 28, 2011

bookshelves: 2012, angels, cover-lovers, favorites, demons
Read from June 08 to 09, 2012

Well. First after reaction: I love Raymie!

More of the review, including cover art info can be found here

Daphne is the daughter of Lucifer and Lilith. Half-demon, half-fallen angel.She has two teeth made of steel. She lives in Pandemonium where everything is made of steel-including the flowers. Below their city streets is the Pit-hot melting fire.

When her brother Obie goes missing on Earth, Daphne goes in search of him. And to do that, she must find Truman-a human who can help her. But Truman is not going to be easy. He is broken, and his soul is being fought over. In the hunt for her brother, Daphne and Truman are being hunted. He by someone in his dreams. She by Dark Dreadful.

Navigating Earth, human emotions, jealousies, etc is a new experience for Daphne. In order to survive, she must be strong and do what needs to be done. On her journey, her mother appears to her through glass and mirrors to help Daphne.

The ending, and all of the revelations in this book are absolutely amazing. I was hooked from the first descriptions of Pandemonium and Lilith. Come on, it's Lilith! This was also an ending that sat in my mind and marinated for a few days. There is so much more that I want to know..what happens later? But, as an awesome turn of events: Brenna Yovanoff gives us a stand alone! (YAY!) Therefore you have to make up your own conclusions. Granted, there may be one coming later...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Space Between.

06/08/2012 page 206
56.0% "Holy crap, wasn't expecting this!"