coffclass's Reviews > The Arctic Incident

The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer

5190747
Aug 04, 11

bookshelves: antihero, faeries, humor, young-adult, wizards, sci-fi, fantasy, 00-read-2011, owned
Read from July 31 to August 04, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Yay! Completed another AF book...and Artemis is really growing on me more!

Here's a list of the characters who are doing that growing thing:
- Butler: Ahhh...I was thinking he couldn't be that attached to Artemis, but think again! I loved the part where he stopped Artemis from going into Koboi (successful only for a few minutes), and when he charged in (literally) to save Arty from the big bad wolf.
- Holly: Honestly, I disliked her a lot in the first book. But now I think she's a real character, and not just acting up. Now I'm glad it was her that Artemis kidnapped (now that sounds bad xD).
- Foaly: He and Artemis are getting along real nicely! Glad they got to work together, albeit for just a very short while.
- Mulch: Yeah, he's sneaky, he's a thief, and it seems like he smells, but he's cunning! Well, nobody beats Arty, but he's a good teammate.

I'm so glad the Mud People and the Faeries got to work together. Although they'll probably be at each other's necks after this, it was a nice break and a nice combination.

I love how Eoin Colfer finished all the issues in this book. I was half-expecting Artemis' father to remain kidnapped, so I'm glad there are no loose ends. So much more looking forward to the next book! Everything will be unexpected because the slate is totally clean :D

Go Arty and Butler!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Arctic Incident.

Quotes coffclass Liked

Eoin Colfer
“(text message) CMDR ROOT. TRBLE BELOW. HAVN OVRRN BY GOBLINS. PLCE PLAZA SRROUNDED. CUDGEON + OPL KBOI BHND PLOT. NO WPONS OR CMMUNICATIONS. DNA CNONS CNTRLLED BY KBOI. I M TRPPED IN OP BTH. CNCL THNKS IM 2 BLM. IF ALIVE PLSE HLP. IF NOT, WRNG NMBR.”
Eoin Colfer, The Arctic Incident