Debc's Reviews > Compromising Positions

Compromising Positions by Jenna Bayley-Burke

May 24, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from May 21 to 22, 2011, read count: 1

I have to say, I liked this one a lot. At first, I was having trouble figuring out why I bought it and then I realized it was an Amazon freebie for my Kindle. Oops. ;-)

But it was a delightfully different sort of romance where the heroine is the pursuer instead of the man, and I liked that a lot. It made for an interesting change in the usual boy-meets-girl-boy-woos-girls scenario.

What I didn't like so much was the weird "we've been trying to set you up" twist at the end, especially coming from the unlikely sources of David's step-mom and Sophie's sister, who admittedly has never even liked David all that much. I mean, really??? How did they meet, let alone come with the idea... and broached the subject? Did Daphne approach Tessa and say "Hey, this may sound crazy but my little sister has had the hots for your womanizing poor excuse for a man step-son for years now. Even though I hate his guts and think he'd break her heart and he hates yours and thinks you're after his money, let's hook them up!"

Yeah... as far as deus ex machina goes... it's a bad one, although, it didn't stop me from liking the overall story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Compromising Positions.