Kristi's Reviews > Believe It, Be It: How Being the Biggest Loser Won Me Back My Life

Believe It, Be It by Ali Vincent

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction, inspiration, weight-loss
Read in March, 2011

This weekend I watched an episode of Biggest Loser and I got hooked. I have had some of the Biggest Loser books on my shelve because I tend to buy a lot of diet books but had not truly looked at them. In the process of looking at what books were out there from the show, I noticed this book and immediately went to the library to pick it up. I was not disappointed that I did.

I started reading it yesterday afternoon thinking I would only read a little bit and could not put it down. I loved reading the perspective of a contestant and her struggles. Plus reading about the process that she went through on the Biggest Loser was enlightening. You think that they have everything while they are on the ranch and they do in some ways but Ali makes you realize that YOU have to want to lose weight and asks WHY you are losing weight. This was very powerful to me.

I relate to so much of her struggle and the best part of this book is that it has me thinking about me and why I struggle with my weight. I applaud her for doing this. I pick up so many diet books but they do not talk about the thought process that happens before, during, and after weight loss and Ali does.

I am so glad that I picked up this book. It definitely has me thinking about why I am me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Believe It, Be It.