Laura's Reviews > The Search

The Search by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Mar 28, 11

Read in March, 2011

The Search by author Suzanne Woods Fisher is the third book in the Lancaster County Secrets series. While I never read the first two books in the series - The Choice and The Waiting, I did not feel confused at all. As so often happens with series books, we never get enough of the details that went before it and can sometimes feel as if we've walked into the middle of a movie, with no idea what is going on. Not so with The Search. This book could be read as a stand alone, so if you didn't read the other books don't worry.

In The Search, I was introduced to Lainey O'Toole. Lainey made a decision years ago that she has kept secret for many years. Unfortunately, her car breaks down in Stoney Ridge - the very town in which her decision was made and now it is coming back to haunt her.

Bess Reihl is spending the summer with her Grandmother at Rose Hill Farm in Stoney Ridge. Her grandmother, Bertha Reihl, got her there under false pretences and now Bess wonders how she will survive the summer. Until she meets Billy Lapp. However, Bertha has a few tricks up her sleeve that Bess isn't prepared for and soon her world and Lainey's collide in an unforgettable way that will change their lives forever.

I loved, loved, loved this book! I thought I was tired of all things Amish and then I read a book that makes me wish I could continue reading on after I'm done. This is a guaranteed good read! I give it 5 out of 5 stars!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.