Amy Wilder's Reviews > How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper

Apr 09, 11

bookshelves: humor, mass-market-fiction, paranormal, romance-novels
Read from March 27 to April 07, 2011 — I own a copy

This was given to me as a taste of comic paranormal romance - and I have concluded that I'm a fan. I like light - and comic paranormal is light: very tongue in cheek. I mean, sometimes paranormal romance can be dark and serious, make you feel how noble and beautiful love can be. But since the vast majority of books aren't going to pierce my soul - sometimes you just need one that knows - hey, this is entertainment, not art, let's just have a little fun.

Sookie Stackhouse is pretty light, actually - she holds herself lightly, isn't above making a few wise-cracks - and Molly Harper is in keeping with that Charlaine Harris style.

The title pretty much says it all - she's met an attractive werewolf who appears naked on her doorstep. He's a conflicted werewolf, with a past, and he's crazy about her...you know where this is going. The back story of her leaving behind over-protective hippy parents is an entertaining set-up and the b-plot mystery about mysterious deaths in the forest near her house is okay. Some good side characters, a decent twist.

Promises entertainment, delivers entertainment.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf.