Babs's Reviews > Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons

Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons by Blaize Clement

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read in March, 2011

I really like this series. The heroine, Dixie Hemingway (no relation)- "a direct phrase from the book", is a bit hard-boiled for my taste, but when your learn her history (which you will in the first book), you know she has reason to be cynical, a bit cold and closed-off.

Dixie seems to becoming more "alive" in this book, starting to move beyond her past and learn to live again. Unfortunately, more hurt may be in store for her ahead, but she seems more prepared to deal with it.

Ah, the mystery - I'm not exceptionally choosie about the mystery story - I really don't care if you know in the beginning "who dun it" or have to struggle through a complex plot - I just like a beginning, middle and an end. So, the mystery was not complex, but enough for me. I really enjoyed the character development in this book - not only Dixie, but also the "new" characters that probably won't recur again. I truly enjoy mysteries, but this book seemed a touch more to me.

I did enjoy this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons.