Charlotte's Reviews > Splendor

Splendor by Anna Godbersen

4203919
Apr 03, 11

Recommended to Charlotte by: My mom!
Recommended for: Historical Fiction and Romantic Fans.
Read from March 27 to April 03, 2011

This series brought me to tears over and over again. The writing flowed so smoothly--molding the characters just right for their personas. From delicate Elizabeth to Diana; who knew so much more about the world than anyone else. I went through love-hate relationships with all the characters, especially Carolina. But they all defined themselves in the end, and I couldn't have improved this book anymore if I tried. Perhaps, if she wrote more!

But that was another thing with the series, adding more would seem like overkill. Godbersen wrote it splendidly, everything tied with a tight knot at the end. The metaphors and morals so beautifully displayed.

The beautiful scenery, and of COURSE the dresses still have me begging for more. I'll definitely be getting a copy of the author's new series of the Flapper age. My little guilty pleasure. And perhaps, Luxe could one day become a TV series or movie. The story deserves to live on in any way it can. (But the Entertainment industry BETTER make it gorgeous if they do!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Splendor.

Quotes Charlotte Liked

Anna Godbersen
“Gossip is just a tool to distract people who have nothing better to do from feeling jealous of those few of us still remaining with noble hearts.”
Anna Godbersen, Splendor