Maureen's Reviews > Deeper Than the Dead

Deeper Than the Dead by Tami Hoag

Apr 22, 2011

it was ok
Read in April, 2011

The plot/story line was pretty good. It kept my interest even though I was disappointed in the writing. An example of a writing hole that bothered me was, for example, when the police went to the Farman house to search for his wife. We were told again how neat and tidy the Mrs. kept the house. Did the author forget that it was left in a mess the night before? Who had time or the inclination to tidy it before the police arrived? Not that we were told it was neat when they went. Instead why didn't the author mention that she normally kept it tidy but it was found in a wreck?? They should have kept a better eye on their buddy Frank after seeing that mess! Oh, and the teen age Farman daughters who were at a friend's house all weekend...no mention of them being contacted to help search for their mom? I think the author decided it was not right to have 3 families with only children. But why bother having these disconnected siblings?
When the Mrs. did "show up" I knew her husband was not the real serial killer. I knew who it was for sure at that moment...just had strong feelings when we were introduced to all the characters. I'm just that good...maybe I should have been an FBI agent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper Than the Dead.

message 1: by Gwendle (new)

Gwendle I found this book really hard to put down. It used the early years of profiling by the CSU... as shown in the TV series, Criminal Minds. The tension rarely stopped and Tami Hoag gives you so much to think about as it progresses. She really has a way of making you feel for the characters. The only problem with this is that the book ends, and you don't get to find out what happens to them afterwards.

Maureen I saw other books by her...is it a series??

Gwendle wrote: "I found this book really hard to put down. It used the early years of profiling by the CSU... as shown in the TV series, Criminal Minds. The tension rarely stopped and Tami Hoag gives you so much..."

message 3: by Gwendle (new)

Gwendle No, it isn't. I don't know if any of her books are serialized, although some titles suggest it.... she has one called Ashes to Ashes, and another called Dust to Dust :) One of her books was made into a TV mini-series.