Shell's Reviews > Angels' Blood

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

Mar 27, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal, challenge-books-read-2011, vampire, favorite-author, series, audiobook, favorite-narration, favorites
Read from May 12, 2011 to August 16, 2012

This book was a lot darker than I expected, considering the title had "Angel" in it. It was also a new take on a Vampire theme. The premise is that Archangels are the "Big Bosses" of the world. Oh and they also make Vampires to be their servants. When the vampires break their contracts, the Angels higher Guild Hunters who hunt the vampires. Elena is a Guild Hunter who becomes contracted to the Archangel of New York, Raphael to hunt...something besides a Vampire.

I liked this book and have lots of questions about the world. While I had some difficulty suspending disbelief for some of the "insta" feeling switches for Elena & Raph, I did get that they had chemistry. There isn't abundance of sex in the novel, which in some ways was refreshing. The tension was definately a motivation to keep reading.

I'm dying to know more about Illium, the blue winged angel, and of course Dimitri has my number for sure. #2 is on my TBR list near the top!

Update: Listened to this as a re-read and loved it just as much. The narrator did a wonderful job of reading. I think I'm going to have to listen to the rest of this series if she continues to narrate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Blood.

05/12/2011 page 60