Cleffairy's Reviews > A Marriage of Inconvenience

Read in March, 2011

Reviewed at:Over A Cuppa Tea

Date reviewed: 26th March 2011

Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=5045

I was not quite sure how to feel about this book, A Marriage of Inconvenience by Susanna Fraser. Somehow, it is not your typical happily ever after Regency romance where everything actually turns out well in the end. (Okay, okay… I’m biased! The lady didn’t ended up with the guy that I liked in the story… so I’m sulking over here!)

While I enjoyed the sizzling hot romance (there’s mild bondage… and kinky stuff in this book) between the main character and her lover, I definitely do not enjoy the relationship that heroine had with her husband. Sounds confusing? Well, let’s just say that this book is somehow about a love triangle and an unfulfilled love. I absolutely detest the ending… I was hoping for a better ending for the main character, but I didn’t get that. My only consolation that this book is just a prequel, and that means, somehow, someway, the heroine WILL somehow find her happiness and be freed from the clutches of her bloody husband.

Honestly, I can’t say I hate this book. In fact, it was so wonderfully written that I could actually feel for the character, especially the main protagonist, Anna. I could feel the overwhelming emotion that she was feeling through this book, and I could feel her need to be free… it’s just that I was not happy with the ending, that’s all.

If I were to rate this book, I’d give it a 4 out of 5 star. I enjoyed the book though I detest the ending.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Marriage of Inconvenience.