Terri-Maree's Reviews > Spin the Plate: a Novel

Spin the Plate by Donna Anastasi

Jun 01, 11

Read from April 18 to 19, 2011

I loved it! The short story gave the less detailed version of the story, but the novel gives you a more intimate glance in the life of Jo. Having read the full novel, I feel that the questions I had after reading the short story. I feel that I understand Jo a lot better, having been given the chance to have some more flashbacks on her life. I could not understand why she would go and visit her father in prison, but then you understand through a good memory of the past and you see what a strong and compassionate person Jo really is. I understand why she felt the responsibility to stand by him to the end even though he hurt her so badly. I truly applaud her for that, but in reading this book you expect nothing less of Jo. What I love most is that the full length novel has a less open ending than the short story. I love that we get to see a lot more of the joy that Jo experiences after she and Francis get married. I loved being witness to their wedding!! I was really happy at the end of this beautiful novel of survival, because it truly could not have had a better ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spin the Plate.