Jeane's Reviews > Fuori da un evidente destino

Fuori da un evidente destino by Giorgio Faletti

Mar 27, 2011

bookshelves: italian, usa
Read from March 27 to May 15, 2011 — I own a copy

After having read my first Faletti 'Io uccido' I was wondering if I had been lucky to have chosen his strongest and best story as first book to read or if he was an author who could write every time a very strong story.
Fuori da un evidente destino didn't immediately give me the answer because it was a complete different kind of story. Io uccido takes place in Italy and France, terrible murders immediately happen and everything takes place in a very present period which is easy to imagine. It was also a very energetic, fast story. Fuori da un evidente destino was completely different. The story takes place in the United States, we get to know 'the white man' and the remaining Indians. Nothing 'important' for the story happens early in present time so a story is created without revealing what it will all be about. The importance of Jim's coming back tot he place where he was born and grew up is only explained towards the end of the story. But once everything we have been told,shown ... comes together and is integrated in the main front story, it is like an energy that exploded and so much happens all together.
The story ends where it all happened, but in a unexpected way.

Through the book I also had an answer for my question at the beginning: Giorgio Faletti is a writer of strong, great, beautiful, gripping stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fuori da un evidente destino.

04/15/2011 "April book"
04/18/2011 "book 3 April"
05/14/2011 page 429
87.0% "Don't want to finish it! Want to finish it!"
show 15 hidden updates…