Jennifer D's Reviews > The Keeper of Lost Causes

Mar 31, 11

liked it
bookshelves: arc, 2011-books, in-translation
Read from March 27 to 31, 2011 , read count: 1

3.5 stars, really...if GR would ever allow 1/2 stars, that would rock!

This book surprised me. It was fairly strong and intriguing. This Scandinavian Noir genre seems to have no end of contenders looking to topple Stieg Larsson. From a cool GR friend, I have heard Jo Nesbø is the writer to watch out for, so I think I shall find one of his books to read for my next dip into this pool. This story was interesting and the characters quirky and though I had figured out the arc, it didn't bug me the way it has in other instances. I smell a series and would definitely read on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keeper of Lost Causes.

03/27/2011 page 81
show 4 hidden updates…

Heather I will have to check this one out!

Jennifer D Heather wrote: "I will have to check this one out!"

(You are my "cool GR friend" who told me about Nesbo.)

I think I really have to get a Nesbo book asap and read it so I have a proper comparison.)

Which would be the best one to start with or, has he only written the series, hence the need to begin at number one?

Heather Hahahaha! Well, The Redbreast is the third book in the Harry Hole series, but it is the first book translated into English. Don't rush out and get it, I'll mail you my copy when I mail the Bowen book :-)

Jennifer D Heather wrote: "Hahahaha! Well, The Redbreast is the third book in the Harry Hole series, but it is the first book translated into English. Don't rush out and get it, I'll mail you my copy when I mail the Bowe..."

Nice! Does it matter, reading the third first? I wonder why they are releasing it that way, in NA?

Heather I dunno...I know that there are some story arcs that start in the third one that continue into later books. it's possible that we may be missing something. If I could only read norwegian. Ha! It's not just NA; the first two haven't been released in the UK either. I have to confess that I ordered most of Nesbo's books from the UK because I didn't want to wait for them to be released in the US. I am impatiently waiting until July when I can order the paperback of the newest book from the UK :-)