Darcy's Reviews > Sweet Addiction

Sweet Addiction by Maya Banks

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012, erotica, bdsm, menage
Read on April 24, 2012

I will admit that I am one of those that wanted a book with Cole. He has been around from day one, part of the gang, yet not part of them, always on the fringes, but you didn't know why. Well the beginning of this one it is explained why Cole chooses to be on the fringes, and that reason is a woman named Ren.

I was very confused when this book started out with a part 1 labeled as Lucas. WTF, was my first thought, I thought the book was about Cole and Ren, and it was, but their story cannot be told without Lucas.

Lucas is a difficult character for me. There are things that makes me not want to like him, but what I really love about him is that he gave Ren what she needed at a crucial time in her life. After finding her he brought her back to confident sexually aware self, allowing Ren to feel safe again in her life.

I loved the Ren we met in the present. She knew who she was and what she wanted and didn't feel bad about it. I hated that through the story that both Cole and Lucas betrayed her. Her use of her safe word in a very poignant scene brought that point home. While neither man set out to hurt her, the did none the less, you know what they say about the road to hell, paved with good intentions. The boys did have the best of intentions for Ren, but they left out one crucial step all the way through the book, they needed to tell Ren why they did what they did. I think this would have helped Ren, she wouldn't have felt so lost and betrayed.

I loved the ending. It fit for everyone. I am sure that it couldn't have been easy with 3 strong personalities, but if everyone could get past themselves they all would see they are at a point to be happy and get what they wanted all along.

I thought this book was a great way to finish up this series. My only complaint is that I would have loved to see a scene with a "girls night out". Those are always some of the funniest parts of this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Addiction.