Margot's Reviews > Graffiti Moon

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Jul 12, 2011

bookshelves: favourites, summer-2011, own, perfect-aussie-ya
Read from July 10 to 12, 2011

I honestly don't even want to talk about what happens in the book, because the summary is pretty much, well, what happens in the book, so I'm just going to go with this:

The characters were lovely, the words were perfect, the prose was beautiful, the book was brilliant; my heart is content.

Also, this quote really got to me. I just loved it and I find myself thinking about it constantly.

"Open skies painted above painted doorways and painted birds skimming across bricks trying to fly away. Little bird, what are you thinking? You come from a can."

I think it's the very first glimpse we get of Ed, and you really can't help but love him since the very beginning.

I highly recommend this book. It's just the perfect mix of perfect things.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graffiti Moon.

Quotes Margot Liked

Cath Crowley
“I liked that he had hair that was growing without a plan. A grin that came out of nowhere and left the same way.”

Cath Crowley
“Open skies painted above painted doorways and painted birds skimming across bricks trying to fly away. Little bird, what are you thinking? You come from a can.”

Cath Crowley
“...the definition of crazy is doing something close to the same thing twice and expecting a different end.”

Cath Crowley
“Kept dreaming of this spot she had on her neck, this tiny country. I wanted to visit, to paint a picture of what I found there, a wall with a road map of her skin.”

07/10/2011
7.0% "I really just started it and I'm already in love. The writing is brilliant and lovely."
07/10/2011
48.0% "I love everything about this book. Everything."
show 1 hidden update…