Diana's Reviews > Three Nights of Sin

Three Nights of Sin by Anne Mallory

Jun 12, 11

bookshelves: e-books, hero-alpha, banterbanterbanter, catalyst-for-change, fiction, gasp-worthy, funny, heartwrenching, romances-historical, intense, hero-ravishing-rakehell, redemption-in-love, romance, sacrifice, salvation-and-redemption, shades-of-gray, sigh-inducing, steamy-reads, tender-moments-that-tug-at-your-hea, hero-tortured-in-need-of-love, transformed-by-love, palpable-ust, moments-it-s-the-moments, heroine-not-ave-damsel-in-distress, hero-lovable-rogue, in-his-her-debt, abused-and-tormented-childhood, hero-self-made-man, driving-force, unforgettable-kiss, shrouded-in-mystery, snarky, misadventures, happy-endings, hidden-depths, real-kissing, first-kiss, 2011-reads, all-time-faves, big-secret, change-of-heart, declaration-of-love, doubts-and-insecurities, falling-in-love, favorite-heroes, favorite-couples, favorites, getting-to-know-you, how-do-you-not-love-the-hero, loyalty-and-love, love-yourself
Read in March, 2011

Hmmmm. Good read. I really liked the book. The hero (he's a hardened man with a tortured secret/past, charming as hell, he cooks! and he can dance! and he's with respect and ambition and a driving force that's allowed him to survive) and heroine (she's loyal and headstrong, brave and capable; was willing to fight for the people she loved, willing to sacrifice without being weak) were both very intriguing, stubborn, and interesting and their love for their siblings -- admirable and piercing ... and I couldn't help but be charmed by these two survivors. The banter was awesome and it kept me on my toes. Lots of moments stand out, of course, one of them being the part where he teaches her the basics of kissing. Wow. I mean, yeah, hot. And to think, that was just a kiss (and that was only the beginning of their many "mind-drugging" kisses). Good Lord, when you get to the actual lovemaking .... Talk about sparks and fire and burning and passion. The journey they had to get to know each other (ie: through the tasks/challenges, their understanding, the way they can tell through the other person's eyes) - - I was so very happy for their happy ending.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Nights of Sin.

Quotes Diana Liked

Anne Mallory
“Her pride had once been a mile wide. So fierce and strong that she'd thought she could survive on the trait alone. The constant ache in her belly, the desperation, Kenny's fate...all had shown her otherwise.”

Anne Mallory
“He had little respect for anyone who was not willing to put in the effort required to survive and thrive. Not everyone needed the same driving ambition that had fueled him. That had led him to being possibly the richest man in London without a title in his lineage -- all earned in under a decade. That had given him the power to change lives. But a person needed to have the drive to change his own life.”

Anne Mallory
“She waited until Jeremy's footsteps receded. "I didn't know you had a brother."
"Now you do." He continued writing.
"Do you have any other siblings?"
"No."
"Parents?"
"I didn't crawl out of Hell, if that's what you are asking.”

Anne Mallory
“Her jaw dropped. "You - you -"
He chuckled and winked at her. Her ire evaporated like the steam from the pot--coiling and disappearing into the air. When he used his wiles on her, he was tantalizing. With that purely happy look on his face he was devastating.
"You do realize that I will have my revenge?" she said calmly, though her heart was racing.
"I could hope for no less." He flashed her a grin, and she gripped the side of the table to keep from moving closer.
"I dislike you."
"Always a comfort to know." He looked at the kitchen clock, a small mantel piece positioned precariously on a shelf. "Right on time for the night."
She blinked. She supposed it was something of a nightly ritual. "Wouldn't want to disappoint you, your highness."
"Your majesty, if you will.”

Anne Mallory
“Marietta is good for you, Gabriel. I quite like her. Don't be a fool and let her go."
"I can do nothing but let her go, John. Sometimes love can only be given by setting someone free.”

Anne Mallory
“Gabriel didn't need to look back. To see. He trusted his friend. He smiled grimly. And wasn't that the crux?”