Trish's Reviews > Rock Hard

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

Jun 29, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, ebook, erotica, olivia-cunning, rockstar-musician-band, performer, series, i-own, favorites
Read from May 27 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy

I loved this book and the story of the characters. I like reading about a good flawed alpha male. Sed is the lead singer of Sinners and has the "rescue gene" for those he loves. He stumbles one time after the other trying to solve/control the problems for those he loves. Which is the storyline between Sed and Jessica. He tried to fix their problems and run their life together one to many times. Seds comes off as insensitive, tactless, and unobservant of Jessica's feelings and wants. Jessica does not do much to clear up any misunderstanding with Sed - she just argues, pushes, and makes assumptions.

Sed is tortured by the break up with Jessica and spends the time of the break up from Jessica inflicting pain on others by selfish acts of sleeping with their girlfriends/lovers, irritating the band members with his borish behavior, and an all around pissy attitude.

Boy do things heat up when Jessica and Sed meet up again. They do enjoy being exhibitionist and walking on the wild side. Sed did work on listening and letting go of "fixing" his friends problems. But I think it was only because he was able to notice that he was going to lose big again if he did not back up and stop interferring in others making their own decisions.

Jessica is flawed as well -she wants to have a career but keeps getting confused as to what that may mean. She struggles with one barrier after the other that threatens to interfer with her dreams. Jessica has some major difficultly with being able to communicate her needs with Sed and struggles with really knowing the motivation of Sed feelings/behavior.

Sometimes I like an overbearing tortured hero and a heroine that really is fed up and wants to live her life on her terms even if it may mean leaving the hero behind.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Hard.

Quotes Trish Liked

Olivia Cunning
Tomorrow was my second chance to make things right but it never came. I’m sorry I never treasured the time we had for those regrets I take the blame. You gave everything you had. I took without giving back.” Sed paused in his song, feeling ridiculous for singing it to her while they made love.

“Baby, you realize this song is about Trey’s dead dog, don’t you?”
Olivia Cunning, Rock Hard

05/27/2011 page 101

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Gosh I loved this, can't wait for Trey and Eric's.