Christina's Reviews > Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 1

Jun 15, 09

bookshelves: 2008, manga
Recommended to Christina by: a guy working in Gosh! bookstore in London
Read in November, 2008, read count: 1

A large part of human life is wiped out by a virus that sort of make human flesh into stone. A few survivors try to make an existence in Eden but are forced to leave it after being attacked by a military force.
The back story is told in a few flashbacks and they explain why the two youngsters, Ennoia and Hannah, are forced to leave Eden. The story then maes a jump and we instead meet up with Ennoia's son, Elijah, who's living alone with only an intelligent robot as a companion.

The book had some interesting points about humanity, our place in the world and whether the earth would be better off without us.

This book felt like it was the beginning of something and like it all would make a lot more sense if you read the next volumes - and I think I will do just that, at least for a couple of volumes and see what I think then...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eden.

11/25/2008 page 14
6.48% "Have to get this read to find out if I want the rest of the series for Christmas..."
11/25/2008 page 151
69.91% "Completely used to reading from the back of the book and from right to left :-)"