B.F. Simone's Reviews > Skin Hunger

Skin Hunger by Kathleen Duey

Apr 20, 11

bookshelves: on-bookshelf
Read in March, 2011

The only thing stoping me from giving this a two star is the beautiful writing. The writing saved the book in my opinion. The short chapters are a nuisance because as soon as you start to connect with a character the chapter is over. I get why this was "thought" to be a good idea because of the timeline but it was too abrupt. Franklins dialogue to me seemed forced and unrealistic. And lastly the ending didn't feel complete At least not Sadima's plot, that was very abrupt too. Hahp's I felt was abrupt too, but I felt like that plot end was better than the other.

One last thing! Can anyone say, "set up!" This book (although well written) was like an introductory to what is really going to happen. I really didn't like that I think all books should stand on their own with a broad plot that connects them, like the Harry Potter Series.

I'll read the next book because once again the writing was great. But before I buy it I will be skimming through it to see if all the chapters are less than 5 pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Hunger.

03/27/2011 page 63
17.0% "Ok this just got weird... How old is Sadima right now and why is this man kissing her? Chester molester? Stalker? Other than that I think the book is poorly constructed which sucks because the writing is decent. I hate switching perspective every 4-5 pages... Especially when I keep going back and forth to the same scenes it seems."
03/28/2011 page 217
59.0% "Great writing... Sketchy dialogue though (Franklin)...and I still dont like the abrupt chapters."