Giselle's Reviews > Bad Girls Don't Die

Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

Oct 28, 11

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from June 19 to 20, 2011

The best definition of this book is Creepy. It's definitely a chilling read. Ghosts; strange happenings that made my hair stand on ends; it was off to a great start. However, I found it so full of clichés that it never developed into anything very intense or much interesting. The lack of originality is easily the biggest downfall of the novel and makes it extremely predictable. I've watched a lot of thriller/horror movies of this kind though, maybe I just have seen it all?

As expected, we have the outcast loner girl who somehow easily gets the hot guy. Not only has this been overly done in YA already, the whole romance aspect in Bad Girls Don't Die didn't have a purpose in the book at all. It never added any charm to the story and only amounted to getting me annoyed with it. The love interest; the awkward dialogue; the character's reactions; it all felt a bit too juvenile for modern day YA. I could see younger teens -12, 13 years old - quite enjoying this.

If you can get passed that and the awkward dialogue, the book is actually not bad; I did enjoy getting spooked. Ghost stories are my weakness. They freak me out, but I can't help myself from wanting to hear them all. The writing is good, simple, and what saved it from a lower rating is that it's a fast read that wraps up quickly and nicely. There's nothing more to say really. Try it if you want a quick and freaky read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Girls Don't Die.

06/20/2011 page 186