Robyn's Reviews > The Girl with the Silver Eyes

The Girl with the Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts

Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: reviewed, old-faves, page-turner

i really and truly loved this book as a child, and I think it's grossly overlooked and underrated. Katie, the main character, is at once easy to identify with and very alien, which makes for a very compelling combination. Katie is a normal girl in many ways, and does many of the things with her power that we all would; shutting off lights from across the room, and playing tricks. However, she is very strange, and this sets her apart from the reader, making this something other than a simple wish fulfillment by proxy tale.
The story of Katie trying to understand her origins is both poignant and suspenseful, a good metaphor for adolescence, and excellent reading. The character's voice, along with her daring and courage make this fascinating. The only complaint I really have is that there should have been much more to this story. A series would not have been too much of a stretch, as the book ends in a place that would have made for a wonderful beginning.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl with the Silver Eyes.

02/20 marked as: read