Rick's Reviews > Natasha: The Biography of Natalie Wood

Natasha by Suzanne Finstad

Mar 26, 11

Read in March, 2011 — I own a copy

Very enjoyable read for the most part. The author git a bit repetitive at times telling the story of Natalie Wood's life, but the book seemed very complete to me. It covered a lot of ground. Especially interesting were the stories of her early years as a child actress in Hollywood and then the transition into more mature roles. The mother comes off as kind of a villain---maybe rightfully so if the stories told about her are to be believed. The father was a weak and sometimes violent presence in Natalie's life. I'd have loved to have been told who the powerful and well-known actor was who supposedly raped Natalie at a young age was. The author teased us with him a few times throughout the book but would never give specifics----most likely for legal reasons.

In the end, Natalie comes off as a very likable and well-liked person, who was eager to please---even to the detriment of her own mental health. Tragic but engrossing story of a really good actress and by all accounts, a very nice person.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Natasha.