Joanie's Reviews > A Kiss in Time

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

Mar 27, 11

Read on March 26, 2011

Princess Talia of Eurphrasia had a curse placed on her as a child. When she was 16 she would prick her finger on a spindle and die, but a good fairy was able to counter this curse and no, Princess Talia would not die she would merely sleep as would the entire country of Eurphrasia until such a time when Princess Talia would be awaken by true loves first kiss. Fast forward 300 years. Eurphrasia is forgotten. No one knows that this country once existed. Meet Jack. He's in Europe for the summer going to museums and such. He decides one day to escape from the group and go find a beach instead of spending time in "boring" museums. While Jack is trying to locate a beach he was given directions to he happens upon Eurphrasia. And there he finds Princess Talia and kisses her and awakens a country that has been sleeping for 300 years. How is Princess Talia going to fare in the 21st century? Is Jack really her true love? Is the curse really broken? These questions and more will be answered in this new enchanting modern retelling of the classic story of Sleeping Beauty.

I really enjoyed this book! It was told in alternating voices (Jack & Talia's) so you really got to know the characters very well. It was a magical, romantic, suspenseful, funny book filled with drama that made you want to know more. I would consider it a fast read, and very light reading. Once I started reading this book I couldn't stop and finished it within two days. I would definitely recommend this book. You won't be disappointed :)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss in Time.

03/26/2011 page 160