Jody's Reviews > The Turning

The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout

Mar 30, 11

bookshelves: vampires
Read from March 26 to 30, 2011

I did like this book which definitely falls in the category of urban fiction. Basically Carrie Ames is an ER doctor who is accidently turned into a vampire during a vicious attack in the morgue. She is uninformed and through seeking information on a website forum finds Nathan Grant. Nathan is a hunky vampire who helps Carrie but is the epitomy of brooding at times. But I like Nathan and wanted Carrie to trust him. Nathan is involved in a movement to exterminate vampires which sounds funny since he is one but he lives by the rules that allow them to protect humans and not make more vampires. Carrie doesn't trust him which left me frustrated because she ends up going to her sire the evil vampire who created her, Cyrus. Cyrus to me is just creepy and the fact that she sleeps with him really annoyed me and was just about a gross out factor for me. I just had to keep reading to see if she would get a clue and go back to Nathan. I liked how the plot worked out but because of the gross out factor with Cyrus I could only go 3 stars. I will probably read the other books as this is the beginning of a series but I am not rushing to it as I don't think I could stick with it if it doesn't get better.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Turning.