Robyn's Reviews > Rising Storm

Rising Storm by Erin Hunter

F_50x66
Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: reviewed

In this book the author(s) try to really take the drama up a notch, but they are in over their heads. There are too many plot lines going on at once, meaning that certain aspects of the story get left by the wayside until you've forgotten about them. Lots of things go unresolved in this book, which I can forgive as this is part of a series, and those things will hopefully be worked out later, but I hope that the coming stories will be handled with a little more care than some of the resolutions in this book. Because there were so many small problems for the characters, you never got the feeling that they had resolved something big, it was just "okay, that's done, next thing." There's a really great setup at the ending of this book, but still way too predictable. The author(s) have created some likeable characters however, and even though I don't feel like I'm reading about real cats when I read the stories, I still think they are sympathetic. I'm going to keep reading this series, but it's really a very mediocre guilty pleasure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rising Storm.