Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Seduce Me in Flames

Seduce Me in Flames by Jacquelyn Frank

This review was posted at Under The Covers

3.5 Stars

This book took me by surprise. First, it doesn't really follow in the storyline of book 1 that much; yes it could pretty much be read as a standalone. Second, we don't the see much of the Chosen, which were a big part of the first book.

Rush "Ender" is HOT! I mean, literally. He's kept quiet about his mysterious power of burning this, his body overheats, he causes fires, he burns things and people. He's lived his whole life isolated because of this. Not even his closest friends and teammates for the IM (Interplanetary Militia) know about this.

He is assigned to "save" the princess and heir to the throne of Allay. Princess Ambrea is not your standard royal. She grew up away from court. Her father would've preferred she didn't exist and she was treated that way. Now with her father dead, she needs to be eliminated.

Of course the IM's job is to police the Three Worlds, and they want a fair chance for Ambrea Vas Allay to make her claim for the throne and ruler of Allay. Rush just needs to break her out of some pretty nasty catacombs, then out of her world and safely into the hands of the IM council.

I liked the fact that in their own way, both characters were strong yet innocent. Yes, they are both virgins, obviously each for their own reasons, but it gave them a sense of comfort.

For all that Ambrea seems like a breakable little girl, she can be strong when she needs to be and go after what she wants (i.e. Rush!)

We didn't get a lot of sex scenes in this book BUT when we did get it, it went on for what it seemed like forever! Good and bad.

In general I liked this story, it had some action, even though at times it dragged a bit too slow and things became a bit repetitive. As usual, I'm interested in Justice's story and I was happy to see Ravenna and Bronse as part of this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduce Me in Flames.