Kat's Reviews > Your Vegetarian Pregnancy: A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition

Your Vegetarian Pregnancy by Holly Roberts

Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction, pregnancy, vegan
Read in January, 2011

As a resourceful librarian planning for vegan motherhood, I have been scouring the slim pickings out there to see if a definitive guide for vegetarian/vegan pregnancy exists. While this is the closest title you will likely find, sadly I cannot recommend this as a definitive guide for non-newbie vegetarians/vegans like me that just want some solid information and reassurance for the months before, during, and after pregnancy. I didn't care for the disjointed and often repetitive Q&A format, the hippie Earth Goddess stuff, and the Veg 101 stuff that I've read a million times before. There were a few useful things here and there to use when meal-planning, but a lot of the information cited seems old and incomplete. That doesn't bring much piece of mind. General and more up-to-date pregnancy books like Eating for Pregnancy or even What to Expect have plenty of information that I've found to be more useful, and many even include special sidenotes or chapters for veg adaptations. My advice for other folks like me is to just be as well-read and informed as possible through a variety of sources.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Vegetarian Pregnancy.