Darcy's Reviews > Hallowed

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Nov 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011, e-book, net-galley-books, ya, angels
Read from November 12 to 13, 2011

The first book in this series surprised me by how much I liked it. I was a little worried that this one wouldn't live up to it, but I am happy to say that it did not only live up to it, but surpassed it.

This book is hard to review as there are so many game changers that come into play that is spoken about will spoil the book for the reader.

Needless to say that Clara still is having boy issues in this one, but she gets closer to resolving them by the end of the book. Clara and her angel blood friends learn more about their heritage, some of it is great and some not so much. It is the not so much that brings about the biggest changes.

But the biggest surprise comes at the end with Jeffery. He drops a big bomb on Clara when they are fighting. I found myself agreeing with Jeffery and the points he brought up. I do wish that he would have brought up these issues when things were happening instead of waiting, things would have hopefully ended differently in the past and maybe wouldn't have cause so many problems in the present.

With all that happened in this book I cannot wait for the next book!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallowed.

11/12/2011
45.0% "They seem to be learning more about being an angel blood, but it isn't all good."