Ana's Reviews > Exclusively Yours

Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey

Sep 25, 11

bookshelves: zz-read-in-2011, contemporary-romance
Read in September, 2011

When Keri Daniels’ editor finds out she has previous carnal knowledge of reclusive bestselling author Joe Kowalski, she gives Keri a choice: get an interview or get a new job.

Joe’s never forgotten the first girl to break his heart, so he’s intrigued to hear Keri’s back in town—and looking for him. Despite his intense need for privacy, he’ll grant Keri an interview if it means a chance to finish what they started in high school.

He proposes an outrageous plan—for every day she survives with his family on their annual camping and four-wheeling trip, Keri can ask one question. Keri agrees; she’s worked too hard to walk away from her career.

But the chemistry between them is still as potent as the bug spray, Joe’s sister is out to avenge his broken heart and Keri hasn’t ridden an ATV since she was ten. Who knew a little blackmail, a whole lot of family and some sizzling romantic interludes could make Keri reconsider the old dream of Keri Joe 2gether 4ever.

Keri's not entirely sure what she's doing. True, she needs to get the interview, but the entire Kowalski family for two weeks - she must be loosing her mind. And like the madness isn't enough, there's all the feeling she still has for Joe. You know what they see - you never forget your first love.

Joe didn't intend to blackmail Keri, after all the last time she left it took him years to piece himself together again. But he's confident it'll be different this time. He simply won't let himself fall for her. Famous last words. :-)

I like both Keri and Joe. Keri was honest from the beginning, about her job and her plan to go back to LA when the 2 weeks were over. And Joe is such a sweetheart, I simply adore him.

And the secondary plots with Joe's siblings were interesting as well. Both Lisa&Mike and Terri&Evan were interesting and their problems down to earth and way too common in the RL.

And the book was funny as well, I was smiling through most of it. Some of my favorite quotes are included below the review.

The only thing I didn't like is the reunion plot. I simply don't care for them much. There's always a lot of anger and angst and recriminations. And lets not forget all the what ifs. But even with the less-than-favorite plot I still loved the book.

The best thing about the book is the Kowalski clan. I love all of them. The family dynamics are incredible and I can't wait to read more books about them. On to Undeniably Yours.

Rating:

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exclusively Yours.