Alison (AlisonCanRead)'s Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 11

Vampire Knight, Vol. 11 by Matsuri Hino

Mar 26, 11

bookshelves: manga

Volume 11 is a transitional volume. Tons of things happen and at the same time, not a lot happens. It's establishing background for the rest of the series. While there are lots of little stories, political maneuvers, and relationship building, there's not a lot of action. Surprisingly, this wasn't a bad thing. The last few volumes have been so action oriented that I had to read them twice to understand what happened. Volume 11 is more straightforward.

The series has always been serious, but is becoming increasingly so. Even the lighthearted characters are often serious. Aido provides the only moments of levity in this volume, but even he adds to the soap opera like drama.

The Night Class has left the Cross Academy. Yuki and Kaname are holed up in the family castle. Kaname is bugging me. He treats Yuki like such a child and is far too controlling for my taste. At the same time, he is trying to build their relationship. He confesses to her that he killed Shizuka and the entire Senate, because he wants her to love him as he is. The passion between Yuki and Kaname is only growing and Matsuri Hino does a great job of drawing the combination of love and tension between them.

Meanwhile, Zero continues to hunt vampires. He is being groomed by Headmaster Cross to become to new president of the Vampire Hunter Society. He is haunted by Yuki's absence - having vowed to kill her but I think also loving her at the same time. Similarly, Yuki isn't whole without Zero. She loves Kaname, but can't be satisfied without Zero. I am becoming more of a Team Zero person. I can't wait to see him and Yuki together again.

The volume introduces the idea of the vampires and vampire hunter society cooperating. It's not an easy beginning between the two groups and I'm sure will lead to many conflicts in future volumes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 11.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma I am still a team Kaname person even though I feel bad for Zero because She loves Kaname and was angered when he found out she was a vampire