☆♥Starzee♥☆'s Reviews > Bareback

Bareback by Chris Owen

Mar 25, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in March, 2011

Bareback by Chris Owen was a very interesting read for me. It was definitely way out of my comfort zone and a far cry from something I would normally read. I am actually very glad I read it, it has definitely opened my eyes in more ways than one.

As the name suggests there is a lot of explicit sex scenes between the two main character Jake and Tor. And while I enjoyed the novel, I must admit I skipped the majority of these because I was a little uncomfortable reading them. But that is not to say that I won't be picking up another gay romance novel, and actually someday soon I hope that I become comfortable enough to read them from cover to cover.

The story itself was really well developed. The characters had great depth and one thing I must say I loved was the fact that Jake and Tor were not your stereotypical, arty type homosexuals with a craze for fashion. No, these two men were your average cowboys, working on a ranch, real manly men. The relationships between characters were really well thought out, and also had a lot of depth. Nothing in this novel was done half assed. Everything was well developed and left nothing to be desired. I especially like the emotional turmoil that came about when Tor and Jake split up. I found myself broken hearted that the two were seperated and longed for them to make amends and get back together. It's not often I find a novel where I am so caught up in the emotions of the characters that I am unconsciously turning the pages at a fast pace and am surprised to find myself at the end. And also surprised to be left wanting more. Yes, Chris Owen definitely brought these characters to life - they really jumped off the pages for me and I was a little sad when the book was over.

Chris Owen did an amazing job with this novel and I think I will be picking up the second in the series sometime soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bareback.