Christy's Reviews > Tomorrow's Garden

Tomorrow's Garden by Amanda Cabot

Apr 20, 11

Read from April 16 to 20, 2011

Amanda Cabot has quickly become one of my go-to authors. I can't even count the number of times I've recommended her books to my book friends....they're just that good! Her latest offering is the last book in the Texas Dreams Series, and I'm so sad that my time with the citizens of Ladreville has come to an end.

I enjoyed seeing the town through the eyes of Lawrence and Harriet. I have to confess that Lawrence wasn't one of my favorite characters in the last book. He was too stiff and rugged for my taste, and his infatuation with Priscilla got annoying after awhile. However, he was a completely different person in this book. He said goodbye to the life of a Texas Ranger, and stepped into the dual roles of town sheriff and mayor, two jobs that suited him quite well.

Meanwhile, Harriet stepped in to fill the vacancy for school teacher in Ladreville. Not only was she excited to be teaching in a new town, she was anxious to forge a new life for herself and her siblings. I couldn't help but smile at the friendship that developed between Harriet and Isabelle. Isabelle has been one of the most genuine characters throughout the series, and her sweet spirit in this book is not one that I'll soon forget. If it hadn't been for Isabelle, poor Harriet would have never softened her uptight exterior. She also would've been destined to be a victim of the Fashion Police for a LONG time if Isabelle hadn't come to her rescue!

Even more that the two previous books, I felt like I was a part of the town in Tomorrow's Garden. I wanted to scream at Harriet that she needed to keep her distance from Karl. I wanted to convince the townsfolk how important the bridge building was. And I wanted to cheer with joy at Ruth's gradual growth into a more confident young woman. Who wouldn't want to be part of such a community? :o)

If you enjoy such authors as Lori Copeland and Kim Vogel Sawyer, I would strongly suggest you give Amanda Cabot a try. Each book in this series has been filled with so much emotion, and all of them have been nearly impossible to put down! I don't know how in the world I will be able to wait until next year to read her next offering which will be set in Wyoming. :o)

4.5 Stars

**Many thanks to Revell for providing a copy for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomorrow's Garden.

04/18/2011 page 41
show 2 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Katie How are you liking this one? I just finished it

Christy I just finished it about an hour ago. It was good...a little better than the 2nd, but not as good as the 1st, IMO. :o)

Katie Oh okay! :-) I have the first on my Kindle, but have read the second. I enjoyed that one more than Tomorrow's Garden, I think, but it was still a sweet story. :-)

Margaret Dudette, my book is still not here. :(

Christy Margaret wrote: "Dudette, my book is still not here. :("

Bummer! You can always borrow mine if you need to. :o)

Katie Margaret, mine was lost in the mail as well. The only way I found out was because the package showed up in my mailbox...but with no book! I contact Revell and they sent me a replacement.