Mary's Reviews > Coyote Dreams

Coyote Dreams by C.E. Murphy

Mar 25, 11

bookshelves: pacific-northwest, urban-fantasy
Read in March, 2011

I read this out of order, because the first two were not available in the library, and it may be that if I had read the previous titles I might not have become so impatient with this. The main character has a real name and an adopted name and has been fighting off her true nature as a shaman, so now in her late 20s she is smacked with her destiny and handling it poorly--Wow. The same premise as the new hit: A Discovery of Witches. (with vampires) In any case, she lives in the real world and keeps snapping--or sleeping/dreaming herself-- into several different other worlds, at least one is based in Southwestern native mythology--although I believe she is supposed to be part Cherokee. So as the story progresses and you think you are following the action she isn't there anymore, she is somewhere other, and you need to have the new world all described to you, and be told it is the garden of her soul (now) or her soul (as a child) or Coyote's soul, Gary's soul, or another world. ahh. I think I am done with this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coyote Dreams.