Christine's Reviews > Waking the Witch

Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong

Mar 25, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read in March, 2011

This next installment in the Otherworld series features Savannah Levine, daughter of Eve. Since losing her mother Savannah has lived and worked with Paige and Lucas. A seemingly simple case falls into her lap and Savannah strikes out on her own as a PI in this book. Seemingly simple turns into complicated and dangerous, not only testing Savannah’s powers as a witch but as an adult as well.

I have read and enjoyed Ms. Armstrong’s book since Bitten. Waking the Witch does keep us up to date on some of the characters from previous books, but it has a slightly different tone. Although older now than when we met her previously, at 21 Savannah is still younger than characters in previous books in the series. Having read Ms. Armstrong’s YA series, this book seems like a transition between the two. A cliffhanger ending means another book in the series.

According to Ms. Armstrong’s website, this series will be ending with the Savannah books. She does promise a self-standing book every once in a while to revisit the characters. I have enjoyed this series and will be sorry to see it end, but look forward to what new books she has planned.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waking the Witch.