Cat Russell (Addicted2Heroines)'s Reviews > Beauty Dates the Beast

Beauty Dates the Beast by Jessica Sims

Nov 09, 11

Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

"I picked the laciest, sexiest bra and underwear and put them on under my jeans and sweater. Lingerie was ammunition in the war of the sexes, and I planned on loading my guns."

This was a quick, fun read. Sometimes silly, often sexy, it's just what you'd expect from Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles, author of the Succubus Diaries).

The synopsis (which is hilarious) shows that this book is on the lighter side and suggests that it will be filled with sexual situations. So as long as you keep your expectations reasonable and have an idea of what you're getting into, then this will be a very hot and enjoyable read.

I loved the idea of Midnight Liaisons, a supernatural dating service where Bathsheba and her sister Sara are both employed. The company carries a very strict no-dating policy between the supernaturals and the humans who work there.

We're quickly introduced to Beau Russell, sexy clan leader and all-around alpha male. He forces Bathsheba to bend the rules by accompanying him on a date, a move that could potentially cause her to lose her job.. and virginity.

Although the concept of Midnight Liaisons was fun and original, the remaining story line was a little bland and predictable.

We paranormal romance junkies have read this a thousand times before - alpha male claims or marks protagonist, will do anything to have her, lots of growling (or purring) ensues, throw a couple of obstacles in the way, some steamy sex scenes and a fairly predictable ending.

Even though this story line has a "been there, done that" feel to it, I would still recommend it to anyone looking for some good old fashioned supernatural smut. Because let's face it, we all want to read something naughty and less thought-provoking every now and then.

And for anyone who hasn't read her other stories, I highly recommend Jill Myles Succubus Diaries series which begins with "Gentlemen Prefer Succubi".

An excerpt for the second novel in the Midnight Liaisons series is included at the end of this book, but no word yet about the release date.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty Dates the Beast.

11/09/2011 page 250

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by MISS VAIN (new) - added it

MISS VAIN Ooooh let me know what you think. I'm saving this for my December smut month reads!!!;)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) I'm only on pg 75 but it has been great so far. In typical Jill Myles fashion, it's light and really sexy. I think you would like it.

message 3: by MISS VAIN (new) - added it

MISS VAIN I agree since you and I are both Jill Myles fans, if you like then I most likely will too.:)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) This was a really quick read. It was sexy, but the protagonist was a complete moron at times (but I thought the same thing about Jackie sometimes too). The next story has a change of narrator, but since it also features a were-bear, I can't not read it. You know how much I love were-bears LOL

message 5: by MISS VAIN (new) - added it

MISS VAIN OMG!!! You would rather cut off your arm than NOT read a book about a were-bear! I know how you love your were-bears LOL.

Yes that's understandable because many times I also felt Jackie was a moron. Lol

Samina ~ Escapism~ True,Jackie was a moron in succubus Diaries.But I am not complaining bout Zane or Noah.Primes pieces of meat.

Were Bear? then I am in too.I was watching Telly last night and it had a cute Polar bear.I want a pet Polar bear.

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) LOL! I was in love with the Coca-Cola Polar bear commercials as a kid. Cutest thing ever.

Beau is a really sexy character, but he is definitely no Zane or Noah.

message 8: by MISS VAIN (new) - added it

MISS VAIN I mean seriously it's one thing to love a were-bear in a book, but to want your very own polar bear or coca-cola bears???!!! Hmmmmm I'm worried about you two..........

Samina ~ Escapism~ But they are cute and cuddly with small black eyes and nose.And when they sniffing and snorting they are so cute.An when Polar Bear are licking their paws...its adorable.how can you not want them as pets?

message 10: by MISS VAIN (new) - added it

MISS VAIN As pets that totally understandable Samina, they are adorable.