Jess's Reviews > A Little Bit Wild

A Little Bit Wild by Victoria Dahl

May 08, 11

bookshelves: 2011, historical-romance
Read from May 07 to 08, 2011

If it weren't for the annoying heroine in this book, I probably would have given this book at least 4 stars. But she was horrible!!! Marissa is bored one night at party so what does she decide to do as a proper lady, she goes and has sex. She is then discovered and while the man offers marriage to her she is so disappointed in his performance that she refuses to marry him. Marissa's brothers insist she needs to get married or her reputation will be ruined, especially if she ends up with child. Jude Bertrand is a friend of Aidan's (one of Marissa's brothers) and he offers to marry Marissa. Marissa is so horrified that her brothers would ever suggest her wedding someone of his stature (as she says, he's ugly, brutish, too big etc..) and yet Jude insists. The two fight/flirt with one another for the remainder of the book.

I really would have enjoyed the book so much more if there were a different woman at the center of it all. But Marissa was such a selfish spoiled brat that I couldn't stand it. She insulted Jude at every turn, and it almost had me wishing for a happy ending in which Jude ended up in someone else's arms and Marissa ended up alone and pregnant. Of course, that wasn't what happened but a girl could dream.

Since most of my issues came from Marissa, I think I will give the next book a try seeing as how she probably won't be in it. I think I would like to see what happens to Aidan, that's if he's in one of the books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Wild.

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha "had me wishing for a happy ending in which Jude ended up in someone else's arms and Marissa ended up alone and pregnant"
Harhar!!

Jess Have you read this one yet Samantha? God I wanted to reach into the book and wallop that twit in the head. Talk about an unlikable character.